Saturday, November 19, 2016

The part-time President

I have this nagging feeling the President Elect Donald Trump does not get the size of the job. I fear he will work the job the bare minimum and hide away from the rest, or worse, delegate to his family. There’s talk he may retreat to Trump Tower in New York on the weekends. I fear he does not get the size and scope of the job, but then I fear he does. I need to get my shit together.

Henry Rollins thinks that Trump is going from grabbing pussies to being one. I agree with Rollins.

These are only some of the signs of Trump’s unraveling. His petulant tweet, complaining like a child about the protesters who took to the streets in reaction to his win, was another glimpse of how unaware he is of the magnitude of the job that less than half of the participating electorate sent him to do.

Trump is making noises like he is backing away from a few of his more obnoxious campaign promises. Did he ever really mean to build a wall on our southern border with Mexico or repeal the Affordable Care Act? I’m beginning to think his plan changes with every audience and every day. I’m beginning to think he does not know how to govern. I”m beginning to think he does not understand the powers of the Presidency. I’m beginning to think he is a textbook example of conflict of interest. I’m beginning to think he’s hiring staff that can’t find the toilet without assistance. I’m beginning to worry that we have no idea how bad it is going to get until the end when Congress impeaches Trump and delivers Mike Pence to power. Fuck. Pence is far worse than Trump.