Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A despondent reader posts on killing self

An anonymous person left a comment on one of my posts today that rocked my tired day. He (or she) discussed the possibility of committing suicide. He described a life of misery after surviving abuse at the hands of a cult and one failed suicide attempt.The author said, “ My last attempt to kill myself failed, but my next won't. I'm going to leave this world of hate and disappointment behind”.

The comment has been removed for moderation by a concerned reader. I called the police in Warren, Michigan to make a report. At least one person had proceeded me. The officer I talked to was aware of the case, but could not tell me what was being done. Thank you kind stranger. I feel better knowing other people care.

I wrote the person an email. I offered to talk or listen. It’s a small thing I know, but the alternative is nothing. We are what we do, and not what we say.

I hope…

Technorati Tags: ,