Thursday, July 30, 2009

Name calling

A man leaning

I’ve been called a few names in my time. Most recently “Bully” by a friend, which hurt to the core and is a story for another day). Today I was called a “Breeder” by two tweekers. It happened while taking the unremarkable picture to the left while I was out hunting photos on my lunch break. North Long Beach offers so many opportunities.

Today was slim pickings. I shot this relaxed gentleman on my way back to work after finding little of interest in the noon sun. I liked the look of the guy. It was like he did not have a care in the world.

I had stopped at a traffic light with a 300mm lens shooting from my truck’s window when two men started to yell at me. They called me a breeder and yelled for the police. I was perplexed. One even threw a rock at me. I can only assume they were upset by my taking a photo, although I don’t think they knew the man I was shooting. They called for the police, but luckily there were no cops around. As I pulled away, I kept thinking that maybe I had run over a dog or something, but that did not make any sense either. I really don’t understand what happened, but that is North Long Beach for you. They were most likely crack heads. They certainly looked like tweekers.

Technorati Tags: