Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Digg effect hit one of my photos

2 Girls 1 Cup skateboard

Three days ago I posted this picture to Flickr from my cell phone. So far, it has received 176,770 page views. My blog has 431,000 hits over its lifetime. Up until this evening I was pretty happy with that. Now I’m thinking there is something out there that I do not understand. Like… what make something popular.

This is the link to the photo.

The title is 2 Girls 1 Cup skateboard

My son bought a new skateboard at Van's at the Block of Orange. He thought his mom and dad would not know what the skateboard's graphic represented. When I saw it I laughed so hard that I ended up snorting. We had to explain 2 Girls 1 Cup to the wife.

We had a good laugh about it. My wife was horrified when she found out what it meant, but also thought it funny. For those of you who don’t know what this is (Mom – I’m talking to you right now), follow this link to a Wikipedia article which explains the subject without any disturbing images. 

Technorati tags: , ,