Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blogroll Update: The new advertising model

Blogrolling.com has announced it’s new advertising model. The plan is to serve an unobtrusive ad when people click on blogs in a blogroll. They’ve provided samples in their post. Please visit the article and post your comments here. I plan to pay the removal fee, but I would like feedback before I do so.

The fee will be $20 per year to turn of the advertisements. The Atheist Blogroll is actually two blogrolls, one is a full list, the other is a rolling list. I’m not sure if I’ll have to pay $40 for two, or $20 for one. Either way, the cost is manageable.

Since the fee’s are low, I’ll cover it myself. At the urging of a few other bloggers, I’ll put a “Support the Atheists Blogroll” donation button on my blog to help offset the enormous cost of maintaining the blogroll. If you feel inclined, pitch in a buck or two.