Monday, November 05, 2007

Blogroll Update: The Proud Atheist

That's right... The Proud Atheist (#468):

My name is Eric Ross and I am the author of the new Proud Atheist blog (http://proudatheist.blogspot.com). I have been an atheist for years but have only recently “come out”, inspired by authors like Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris, with whom most of us are familiar. I am appalled by the grip religion has over the minds of humanity, and by the impact religion has on world affairs, and have started my blog out of a sense of obligation to do something to address this disconcerting situation. I know that I cannot bring religion to its knees, but I draw upon a favorite quote from Edmund Burke: "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." My stated goals are to expose the intellectual and moral bankruptcy of religion (with a focus on Christianity), to bring other atheists out of the closet, and to push moderate and casual believers to critically examine their religion.  While many of my arguments will likely be familiar to you, I believe I have some unique ideas and perspectives to contribute. I have 6 entries so far, and I sincerely believe that you will find them to be a worthwhile read.  If you are interested, I suggest starting with my Introduction.