Friday, June 29, 2007

Shoot a cat, get probation

OK, in this case it is shoot a cat, get probation.  I wrote about pastor Jonathan Hubert Powell in "and now for some dumb pastor news". Powell received a two-year suspended sentence for decapitating a family can named Garcia.

And now an admission: Several friends have called me to account for my reporting on this issue. Yes, it is true. I hate cats. Although I have never blown the head off one like Pastor Powell, I have taken a perverse joy in keeping the two dozen or so feral cats in my area, off my property. Pellet Guns, paint balls, sling shots, blow guns, cat traps - I've used them all. All I need to do is open my back door and the cats scatter in all directions.

I hate feral cats - so sue me. Besides, I must protect my Minpin Thor from the vicious beasts.

Technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! We love cats, and have quite a colony. We get them fixed as we can catch them, but in general cats know they can come here for a meal, a place to hang out and they'll even get coo-ed at. :-)

Carolyn Ann

Mojoey said...

It was either us or them. My house was the cat box. Now it is free for my mighty Minpin Thor to roam at will.

Johnny C said...

Yay! Finally another person who will not succumb to the evils of cats. lol. I would do the same. Though my fiance loves her cat, but if I can manage it we will have a dog together and cats will be a thing of the past. Paint-ball, BB, Pellet and other non-lethal guns are fine. Wouldn't want to accidentally shoot a neighbor or something.