Monday, February 19, 2007

oh yes - this guy is Jesus

A minister in Florida things he is Jesus Christ. I think he is nuts.

The minister has the number 666 tattooed on his arm.

But Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda is not your typical minister. De Jesus, or "Daddy" as his thousands of followers call him, does not merely pray to God: He says he is God.

"The spirit that is in me is the same spirit that was in Jesus of Nazareth," de Jesus says.

Honestly, how do people dream this crap up? Jim Jones and David Koresh should be enough of a warning. People like this are dangerous. Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda is another nutball cult leader who should not get on inch of positive press. He lives fat on the donations of his followers and preaches a bizarre form of personality worship, with him as the deranged divine ego at the center.

You can watch a CNN video here - he claims that he cannot die and that he is the reincarnation of Jesus.

"I do greater things than Jesus of Nazareth... I am greater than Jesus"

Nutball, nutball, nutball.

Technorati tags: , ,

1 comment:

King Aardvark said...

Saying you are Jesus and then saying you are more powerful than Jesus kind of ruins your credibility.

Besides, he can't be Jesus because I'm Jesus.

Well, at least I can walk on water; I live in Ontario and it's winter.